- Treats and prevents flea infestations for 3 months
- Treats and controls paralysis ticks for 4 months
- Treats and controls brown dog ticks for 8 weeks
- Aids in the control of flea allergy dermatitis
- Easy to administer chewable that is not affected by bathing or swimming
Bravecto is revolutionising the way Australians protect their dogs against ticks and fleas, and is the only oral treatment to protect against fleas for 3 months and paralysis ticks for 4 months.
Tick paralysis can be fatal, so prevention is essential if you live in a tick area, or are planning to visit one. Paralysis ticks are found in most areas of the East coast of Australia and can be active year round in warmer climates. Dogs usually pick up ticks in their fur when moving through areas of long grass or scrub. Once attached, the Paralysis tick feeds on your dogs blood, whilst also releasing deadly toxin. This toxin causes paralysis, beginning with a change of voice, weakness in the back legs and trouble blinking or swallowing. Without treatment the symptoms progress to paralysis of the muscles of breathing, resulting in death.
Safe for puppies from 8 weeks of age that weigh 2kg or more, as well as pregnant and lactating females. Daily tick searches are highly recommended for dogs in tick paralysis areas, even if prevention has been used.
- Variety:Flea, Tick
- Lifestage:Senior, Adult, Puppy