Features & Benefits
- Improves stamina and endurance by delaying the onset of fatigue.
- Delays the pain of lactic acid.
- Reduces recovery times after heavy exercise.
- Improves and maintains mental alertness for longer.
- Aids in providing a speedy recovery from tying up.
- Ideal for travelling – horses unload and are ‘ready to go’!
How does it work?
Low intensity exercise:
- Uses oxygen to fuel the energy production process.
- Glycogen conversion to energy is minimal – carnitine helps to sustain the glycogen reservoir for a longer period.
High intensity exercise (sprint):
- Not enough oxygen is inhaled to be used as fuel, so other energy sources power the muscles.
- High levels of carnitine in the muscle prior to exercise enable higher work output for less energy expenditure.
- Oral carnitine ingestion can load the muscles with glycogen.
- Reservoir of carnitine in the muscles ensures all energy sources, such as fatty acids, are used BEFORE glycogen stores are used.
- The delay in glycogen depletion delays lactic acid production.
- Present in very high concentrations in equine skeletal muscle fast twitch fibres, where it aids in buffering the lactic acid produced during glycolysis (breakdown of glucose).
- Helps increase oxygen uptake in the bloodstream.
- Increase in oxygen helps to increase stamina, conserve energy and delay the transition from aerobic to anaerobic exercise.
- By extending the aerobic portion of exercise, DMG lessens the production of lactic acid.
- Antioxidant that helps to turn glucose into energy.
- Can also help restore other antioxidants such as vitamins E & C (reactivate them).
Grape seed extract
- Contains oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes (OPCs), which are known for their potent antioxidant activity.
Alpha-lipoic acid & Grape Seed Extract help to:
- Neutralise and destroy dangerous by-products of body metabolism (free radicals), which are released during exercise.
- Delay the onset of fatigue.
- Reduce recovery time after heavy exercise periods.
When to use MuscleGUARD?
- Horses with acute symptoms of muscle soreness or tightening after work.
- For all performance horses, whether the work is anaerobic (sprints) or aerobic (stamina), muscles need energy and MuscleGUARD helps muscle cells to access and use sugars and fatty acids.
- Its supplementation before and after the event has a role in providing relief from acute muscle soreness and fatigue associated with strenuous exercise.
Each 32g syringe of MuscleGUARD contains:
• Alpha Lipoic acid 2000mg
• Grape Seed powder 250mg
• L-Carnitine 7500mg
• L-Carnosine 1000mg
• Dimethylglycine 500mg
• Arginine 250mg
• L-Cysteine 250mg
• B1 800mg
• B2 100mg
• B3 100mg
• B5 750mg
• B6 75mg
• B12 1.2mg
Directions for Use
• Administer half a tube 6 to 8 hours prior to the event and then the remaining half tube immediately post event.
• MuscleGUARD is applied directly on to the back of the horse’s tongue.
• Use in accordance with competition rules and regulations.