What is it?
Evolve is a broad-spectrum wormer & boticide for horses. Evolve has an easy-grip, ergonomic handle so you can easily handle the syringe, no matter how big or small your hands are. When your horse pauses for that split second, you’ll be ready! It also has an orange flavour that horses love. There is a much lower chance of them spitting it out (or on you!) and wasting the paste.
Why do I need it?
Is worming something you and your horse would rather skip? Why do they seem to have a sixth sense about worming time, tossing their head around or lifting it high out of your reach? Now worming is easier with Evolve.
Features & Benefits
- Easy grip syringe for smaller hands
- ‘Tricky’ horses love the orange flavour
- Low dose (only a teaspoonful – 6.42g)
- All wormer & boticide
- Easy to swallow
- No wastage
- Rotational wormer to complement Kelato’s Revolve
Evolve is effective against:
- Large strongyles (adult and arterial stages of Strongylus vulgaris, adult and tissue stages of Strongylus edentates, adults of Strongylus equinus, adults of Triodontophorus spp.)
- Small strongyles (Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp. Cylicostephanus spp., Sylicodontophorus spp., Gyalocephalus spp.)
- Ascarids (Parascaris equorum)
- Pinworms (Oxyuris equi)
- Tapeworms (Anoplocephala perfoliata, Anoplocephala magna, Paranoplocephala mammillana)
- Bots (oral and gastric stages of Gasterophilus spp.)
- Neck threadworms (Onchocerca spp.)
- Intestinal threadworms (adult Strongyloides westeri)
- Lungworms (adult and immature Dictyocaulus arnfieldi)
- Hairworms (adult Trichostrongylus axei)
- Large mouthed stomach worms (adult Habronema muscae)
Evolve also controls skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp., cutaneous larvae (summer sores), and Onchocerca spp., microfilariae (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
Each gram of paste contains: 18.7mg Ivermectin and 140mg Praziquantel
Dosage and Administration
• Administered orally at the recommended dose rate of 1 mL per 100 kg bodyweight the 6.42 mL syringe treats horses weighing up to 600kg.
• Screw the plastic adjuster out to the weight of the horse, insert the syringe into the side of the horse’s mouth between and the front and back teeth and deposit the paste towards the back of the tongue by depressing the plunger quickly as far as it will go. Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds to ensure the full dose has been accepted.
General Directions – Develop a Regular Treatment Program
• Horses should be subject to regular worming to maintain good health and peak condition. Particular attention should be given to young horses and mares.
• Foals should be treated initially at 6 to 8 weeks of age and this treatment repeated regularly as required.
• Evolve is well suited to be the major product in your equine parasite control program. It is a highly effective treatment for horses of any age. Consult a veterinarian when developing a worm control program to suit your needs.
• Evolve displays a wide safety margin and may be used in young foals to mature horses. Mares may be treated at any stage of pregnancy and fertility will not be affected in either sex.