Feature and Benefits
- 3 x 10mL doses per syringe
- Calms nervy, stressed and ‘hot’ horses
- Calming effect allows horses to focus on the task at hand
- Ideal for settling young stock at sales
- Easy-grip syringe
- Highly palatable apple flavouring
Remember, there are many factors that can cause undesirable behaviour in horses including diet, age, training, housing, pain and digestive conditions. It is best to discuss your horse’s diet and history to determine whether changes in feeding and management of practices are also required to reduce anxious behaviour. To help manage nervous horses, try providing constant access to forage, small meals and reduce starch/sugar in the diet. Also, decreasing stable time and providing equine company is very beneficial for mental health.
How it works?
- Tryptophan: An essential amino acid that stabilises the horse’s mood for a less excitable temperament. Tryptophan is not produced naturally by the horse and beneficial levels are not provided in feed. Tryptophan is converted in the body to serotonin, which helps to induce a feeling of calmness.
- Black Cohosh: A herbal extract commonly associated with mild relaxation in periods of stress or anxiety.
- Passion Flower: A herbal extract that supports a calm and relaxed disposition.
- Hops: This herbal extract contains several nutrients including volatile oils, tannins, flavonoids, organic acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Often recommended as a tool against anxiety and stress, hops has a calming effect.
- Ginger Root: Is believed to aid in the availability of dietary nutrients for digestion and metabolism and to facilitate the utilisation of available energy resources, thus soothing the horse.
Per 10mL dose
• Tryptophan – 2000mg
• Black Cohosh – 25mg
• Passion Flower – 25mg
• Ginger Root – 25mg
• Hops – 25mg
Directions for use
• Dial the syringe to provide the required dose: 10Ml per 500kg horse or 1mL per 50kg bodyweight.
• Apply directly over the back of the tongue.
• Administer BetaCALM Paste one hour before a stressful situation.
• The effect will last approximately 4 to 6 hours.
• Always comply with the respective rules of competition.
*NB – The overall period of efficacy for BetaCALM Paste will depend on a horse’s individual metabolic rate.
30mL syringe in a single carton. Each syringe contains 3 x 10mL doses (500kg horse).